I used a knitting loom for the first time and I made a pink beanie!
I'm hoping that the next time I say something ridiculous to try to get a rise out of someone and I happen to be wearing this that they respond by saying, "Shut up Meg." <3
I used this video to help me learn how to use the loom:
It was pretty easy and quick to make. I used a loom with 36 pegs so it was the same as the one in the video. I made the brim on my hat by knitting 12 rows on the loom so when I folded it over it ended up being 6 rows which is about an inch and half of thickness for the rim.
And for future reference:
- use worsted weight yarn
- wrap the yarn around twice for each row
- one inch = four rows of knitting
- an adult hat should be about 8 inches, so 32 rows (but remember to factor in the brim being folded over if you include one!)
- leave a long tail to finish gathering it up at the end
- use the next loom up from the 36 peg loom to make large our slouchy style beanies